If you’re looking to buy a first electric guitar for your lucky child, then I hope this guide makes your decision process a bit easier. My goal is to give you confidence that you’re buying an appropriately sized instrument that will ensure they are comfortable. And above all, the guitars featured below are all of sufficient quality that they’ll be able to learn and love the guitar without feeling frustrated that their instrument is holding them back. Each guitar is at a slightly different price point, so you should find something that suits your budget. Let’s dive right into my list of the best electric guitars for kids!
As you can see from the images below, my first two picks are not just electric guitars for kids, but an entire bundle of cool items that that include everything your child will need to start out, and you get all of your shopping done with one click!
Best Electric Guitars for Kids
|Model||Mini Strat Bundle||Rocketeer RR100 Bundle||Dinky Minion JS1X|
|Pickups||3 Single Coils||2 Single Coils + 1 Humbucker||2 Humbuckers|
|Product Link||Product Link||Product Link||Product Link|
Squier Mini Strat
- The Squier brand is owned by Fender, so this is the perfect way to start your child’s love of the classic Stratocaster electric guitar.
- In addition to the guitar, this smart bundle includes an amplifier, cable, strap, picks, tuner and even an instructional DVD!
- This happens to be the very guitar that my 8-year old son started to play on and I can personally vouch for its value and quality.
- This guitar is also sold in red and pink for any boys or girls taste.
Rogue Rocketeer RR100
- This guitar is well made from quality materials such as a paulownia body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard and its pickup design includes both single coils and humbuckers to provide a great range of tones to be created.
- The practical bundle includes everything needed to start rockin’….an amplifier, cable, strap and picks. It also includes a gig bag so you can take your instrument to lessons, school or a friend’s house.
- The temolo system and whammy bar will provide endless fun for your aspiring guitar hero.
Jackson Dinky Minion JS1X
- While this guitar does not offer a bundle, it is worthy of making the list due to its robust build quality, including solid poplar body, maple neck and blackwood fretboard all which contribute to producing genuine Jackson tones.
- The Jackson high-output humbucking pickups, pearloid sharkfin inlays and pointed headstock give the guitar a classic heavy metal look for even little rockers.